Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Importance of Hard Work

I think that the article had a lot of interesting points. I found it most interesting that so many schools and librarys banned Catcher in The Rye. In my opininon hat is absurd, it is a book! People in positions of power are concerned with people reading a famous novel, but ok with people buying movies and video games where people take disregard for authority to an even higher level. As the article stated, Cather in the Rye displays the graphic realism of society, and the language used was only done so out of necessity. Regardless, you cant walk into a third grade classroom anymore without hearing a plethera of vulgarity, I think this book should be the least of people's concerns. Overall I agree with the article and I feel it made some very strong arguments in favor of the book.

No comments: